Monday, November 07, 2005



Back from the brink...

well not really but it sounds sensational now doesn't it.

To tell you the truth the only thing I'm back from is the brink boredom. Boredom with my life. And to be even more truthful I'm still there...not back from the brink at all, I'm still there festering far past the brink. At the moment this country is sucking me dry, I think it has slowly been leaching from me since I got back from Thailand (when I realized that I needed to hit the eject button as soon as I could). But now, Japan has shifted into full vacuum mode and appears to be sucking out my soul (and, as a strange side effect, making my ass bigger...hmmm, if sucking my soul wasn't enough, this bloody vampire country is turning me into a chunker). To put in layman Brazillian terms, Japan is getting "Shupacabra" on my ass (on the soul sucking side of things that is).

Luciano recently elightened me to Brazil's very own claim to supernatural fame. The elusive Shupacabra (cleverly translated as "sheep suckers"). Now, having once been one of those conspiracy theorist X-File nerds - I fully blame this on the fact that X-files was,
a: filmed in my home town and therefore was all the more exciting and
b: it coincided with my teenaged, angst filed, I hate everything and everyone is a fucker out to get me years-
I knew a little about these sneaky bad boys. I was however mistaken in thinking that they were aliens (silly me!!) when Luciano dutifully let me know that no.. the aliens are in a different part of Brazil and mysterious creatures that roam farmers fields in darkness looking for sheep blood to gorge themselves on are something completely different. "They have studied the bite marks and it doesn't match any animal...really honey." O.K, gotcha babe.

It's just one more thing to add to my "wierd Brazillian shit that might kill me" list. I put it right under "giant spiders that eat birds" "anacondas" "sharks" "gun totting favela citizens" and most frightening of all "Brazillian hair salons"

Brazillians as a nation of people have the wierdest hair I have ever seen. I have met very few full blooded Brazillians who don't have ridiculous hair. My boyfriend is no exception believe me...sigh.... The "nikkeys" (part Japanese part Brazillian) seem to be on average immune to the curse of silly Brazillian hair...unfortunately me Luciano is a full blood through and through (wow I feel like I'm quoting Harry Potter here, "ugh, those mudbloods have such boring hair! Let's go put a curse on them "abraca-bad-hair!" Voila!")
Ok that was just silly, I digress...

But ya, Brazillians have silly hair and I am afeared that they will strike at me next. Luciano's brother (who also lives in Mie) is a hair dresser/photographer/ model instructor/ event co-ordinator/ god knows what else and wants to do my hair next weekend. It's hard to tell what his taste in hair is because he's got a buzz cut. But he is gay, and he wears stylish shoes so I'm hoping that those two "pro-good hair dresser" qualities will outweigh his 100% Brazillian (aka bad hair loving) blood. He wants to give me streaks..."because you have cat eyes" ... What the hell. Perhaps something was lost in translation. I said ok and he said that he would dye it back if I didn't like my new feline friendly do.

but ya...wow that got WAY off topic now didn't it. Any way. I am so ready to get out of this place and I'm bored out of my mind. Anyone who knows me even remotely well knows that I am a self proclaimed drama queen and if there isn't any real drama hapenning in my life, I will just make some up by turning non dramatic events in my life into mini emotional crises in order to entertain myself. The current brunt of my boredom is my upcoming move to Brazil which I have managed to turn into a daily panic attack. Hopefully it will pass. I think I need to take up pot smoking again to settle my nerves. And according to Luciano, I need to buy a hammock because they can cure any emotional crises. Got it.

Anyway I have to go because it's 11:30 and I need to go to bed. I will try to post some pictures from mom's trip soon. As soon as I pull time outta my ass (which, now that it's so much bigger might be easier than before). Until then, here is a pick of my and Sharon as Oktoberfest 2005 in fabulous Mie, please note my clever handmade shirt...Let's Germanying!



Cheers
J

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

have you ever dated a man with a comb brushed out afro or an oil slicked back do? ..well I did. And he was Brazillian,too.. .Why?...Why the bad hair??

07 November, 2005  
Blogger shan said...

haha...don't let japan suck your soul!! i remember how bitter i was during the winter there, and you know what? it's still WAY better than being thrust back into the real world back home!
big asses are fresh, girl. embrace that booty of yours!

26 November, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home