
This is Luciano (and me looking like a big fat watermelon head as usual). I realize that most people have never seen him before and in order to quell the rumours that I am making him up I thought I better post some proof.
Don't worry kids, he's only 29 ( because I know you're all thinking, "shit he looks old"). When I first met him I immediately wrote him off because I thought he was much older than me but I have grown to understand that a person's face bears their hardships to the world. This man has lived more in the past 29 years than I will probably ever live in my entire life and I'm reminded of it (and incredibly humbled by it) every time I look into his eyes. I love every line on his face and what they represent, the secrets they still hold. The stuggles and triumphs they represent. This man pulled himself out of the favelas of Brazil, arguably some of the most impoverished and destitute ghettos on the planet, and his face bears the marks of his past. I love this man for the person he is now and I know he could not be that person had he did not endured the harships of his past.
That being said I do wish he had a little more hair :)
Before I met Luciano I was on a one woman mission to battle the wrinkles that were slowly appearing on my face but now I feel comfortable bearing the imperfections of my life to the world. They call them laugh lines for a reason, they advertise your happiness. I can only hope I will get more and more as time goes on.
Cheers
J


8 Comments:
"watermelon head" is an interesting way to describe yourself... at least you're sweet and tasty! nice to finally see a picture of your homem. thanks for posting all the pictures, it keeps me dreaming while i'm sitting at my desk...
muchos besos from spain!
I really liked your entry. Life really isn't about looking beautiful, it's about experiencing everything that you can. Luciano is a cutie!! Do let us meet him before you two run off to Brazil =) Let's enjoying Awaji! Go Mamas!
he's adorable. I know I'll love him already
Joe! Luciano looks dreamy. Prappas!
I started a masters in international affairs at carleton, and am loving it so far. My chikin-chan is coming to see me in 4 days, and moving here in April! Isn't that great?
So all is well (although its getting colder by the day).
When are you going to Brazil?
Peter
update, woman!! Just kidding. But not really. I need some juicy reading material for my down time at work!! please make your next entry about some shocking topic or something. ;) Ha ha.
Hey Joe! I'm so happy for you! But yeah, totally. I NEED an update... need my blogger fix...
Hello! I just found your blog from the travel jet website. Wow, what an entry, there is a lot of wisdom in your words. looks like you are a very happy girlie, keep smiling!!
what a great entry. you guys are so cute. i totally did the whole "Awwwwwwwww" thing while i was reading. and thanks for the reminder about growing old gracefully. i needed that.
missed you at the halloween party!
Post a Comment
<< Home