In Japan there is a band called "Pornograffiti" that is all the rage with the students right now. Today my third year students were giving speeches about their friends to the class. "Hello, I'm going to tell you about Yusuke, he is 15 years old....etc etc."
Apparently the word "pornograffiti" is very difficult for them to pronounce because I can't begin to count the number of times I heard my students cheerfully exclaim "He/she loves pornography!"
Try keeping a straight face during that.
It provided a twinkle of joy in an otherwise dulldrum day.
Today's temp: 32
Humidity: Probably about 85%
Joe's cheeriness factor: about a 2 - it's hot, I'm tired. Luciano was going to come down to Mie to see me today but his slave driver of a boss is making him weld his whole life away. Booo! I want ice cream.
Gonna sneak outta work early today. I have to go to the post office to mail my students' penpal letters to Poland. I'm just gonna tell them that it's gonna take me an hour.
Cheers
Oh I forgot to add in my last post that I have fully bought and paid for my month long plane ticket to Thailand (and probably beyond) July 22- Aug 22 baby.
I have no plan. Travelling with some buddies for the first 2 weeks and then solo for the last. I think I'm gonna hit up Loas.
Cheers
J
Apparently the word "pornograffiti" is very difficult for them to pronounce because I can't begin to count the number of times I heard my students cheerfully exclaim "He/she loves pornography!"
Try keeping a straight face during that.
It provided a twinkle of joy in an otherwise dulldrum day.
Today's temp: 32
Humidity: Probably about 85%
Joe's cheeriness factor: about a 2 - it's hot, I'm tired. Luciano was going to come down to Mie to see me today but his slave driver of a boss is making him weld his whole life away. Booo! I want ice cream.
Gonna sneak outta work early today. I have to go to the post office to mail my students' penpal letters to Poland. I'm just gonna tell them that it's gonna take me an hour.
Cheers
Oh I forgot to add in my last post that I have fully bought and paid for my month long plane ticket to Thailand (and probably beyond) July 22- Aug 22 baby.
I have no plan. Travelling with some buddies for the first 2 weeks and then solo for the last. I think I'm gonna hit up Loas.
Cheers
J


1 Comments:
I just noticed that you posted a huge number of photos. I somehow completely missed all 30 of those photo posts last time! Happy belated birthday, btw!
Post a Comment
<< Home