Hey everyone. I'm very sorry for being such a bad blogger. I am so busy that I don't have free second to do anything. Not clean my house, not sleep, nothing. So don't feel like I'm ignoring you. I love you all...
Ugh.
My life in a nutshell:
1) Turned 25 without a hitch, my party lasted from Friday night until Monday morning.
2) I have exactly one month left in Kameyama...haven't even thought about moving/packing/sorting my shit out
3) I think that I pretty much have to admit to myself that I have a "boyfriend" type thingy. I have yet to move to calling him my boyfriend. He is still a "type thingy" and may remain that way forever. Not surprisingly in the land of "I would never find myself in this situation in Canada!" I find myself dating a 29 year old Brazillian Marxist welder who doesn't speak English. His favorite word is "revolution!" or as he pronounces it "hevorrrusioneh!"
In the beginning I have to admit that I wanted nothing more than a casual fling with a spicy latin man but he's grown on me. He's very sweet to me and perhaps the complete opposite of Daichi. He actually believes in things like affection, compliments, and other general things that Japanese men don't understand but every other man on the planet takes as second nature. Of course I don't hold anything against Daichi. He's a great friend and an amazing guy but kinda an impossible boyfriend for a girl who likes to be touched and paid attention to in public.
Anyway, me and Luciano (that's his name) are having quite a splendid time. I am learning about communism and revolution and he's learning about open marijuana laws, universal health care, ice hockey and maple syrup. At times communication can be a bit hit and miss because we speak 90 percent of the time in Japanese but slowly my portuguese is coming along. Amazingly I am picking it up 200 times faster than Japanese. Thank god for French and Italian. They are really saving my ass here.
Anyway, the Japan/Canada cross cultural exchange was a failure, let's see how well the great white North and the Amazonian jungles get along!
HEVORRRRRUSIONEH!
J
Ugh.
My life in a nutshell:
1) Turned 25 without a hitch, my party lasted from Friday night until Monday morning.
2) I have exactly one month left in Kameyama...haven't even thought about moving/packing/sorting my shit out
3) I think that I pretty much have to admit to myself that I have a "boyfriend" type thingy. I have yet to move to calling him my boyfriend. He is still a "type thingy" and may remain that way forever. Not surprisingly in the land of "I would never find myself in this situation in Canada!" I find myself dating a 29 year old Brazillian Marxist welder who doesn't speak English. His favorite word is "revolution!" or as he pronounces it "hevorrrusioneh!"
In the beginning I have to admit that I wanted nothing more than a casual fling with a spicy latin man but he's grown on me. He's very sweet to me and perhaps the complete opposite of Daichi. He actually believes in things like affection, compliments, and other general things that Japanese men don't understand but every other man on the planet takes as second nature. Of course I don't hold anything against Daichi. He's a great friend and an amazing guy but kinda an impossible boyfriend for a girl who likes to be touched and paid attention to in public.
Anyway, me and Luciano (that's his name) are having quite a splendid time. I am learning about communism and revolution and he's learning about open marijuana laws, universal health care, ice hockey and maple syrup. At times communication can be a bit hit and miss because we speak 90 percent of the time in Japanese but slowly my portuguese is coming along. Amazingly I am picking it up 200 times faster than Japanese. Thank god for French and Italian. They are really saving my ass here.
Anyway, the Japan/Canada cross cultural exchange was a failure, let's see how well the great white North and the Amazonian jungles get along!
HEVORRRRRUSIONEH!
J


3 Comments:
Hevorrushioneh!!! Hehe that's so cute. Sounds like a really great guy. I COMPLETELY 100% know what you mean about Japanese guys. Tomoya is very very sweet for a Japanese guy and touches/compliments/pays attention in public more than your average J boy, but I still feel a lack. That's the only thing I miss about foriegn boys! But, for now, I will do as the Romans do! Off I go to Seattle... see you on Friday before you go to Nagano. Hedgie ahoy!
wow joe, you met a guy! awesome. i'm really happy for you. i met one too! hehehehe...
HA HA HA
hevorrrusioneh!!!!!!
LOVE IT!
-jen
Post a Comment
<< Home