This past weekend I decided to try my hand at bending it like Beckham and took part in the all Japan ALT soccer (or football) championships in Nagano prefecture. The Mie contingent of more than 30 people piled into way too many k-cars and did the 7 hour trek into uncharted mountain territory for a weekend of football, alcoholism, burning up the dance floor and showing off our fabulous new kits (that's British for jersey).
I managed to nab a seat in Yoshi's 8 seater van-o-fun and was lucky enough to cruise up in style rather than in a cramped sardine can wind-up hotwheel car. I felt duly blessed when I was awarded the front seat due to me and Yoshi's shared Kameyama lineage.
We started our first day with a brilliant 6-1 finish against Miyagi ken. We were dynamite on the field. The sun was shinning, a slight breeze was blowing and I was wearing my sunglasses on the pitch (it really up'd the intimidation factor...don't fuck with me, I'm wearing sunglasses!).
The next two games were valiantly played on our part but not valiantly enough unfortunately. We fought hard and almost clenched our last game against Toyama but lost 4-3 after a hearty and well fought comeback.
So we decided to celebrate our almost-victory in the most appropriate of manners, getting hella drunk and passing out in a ditch. We burned up the dance floor and drained the bar of all the gin it had. The next morning we were greeted by pouring rain, a 9:45 kick off and a godzilla sized hangover. So we cracked open the breakfast beers, threw on our stinky, sweaty jerseys from the day before and proceeded to get our asses severely kicked by a team that obviously didn't consume nearly as much of Dr. Tanqueray's magic punch as we did the night before.
But it was dead good fun, I got to be mean, boot strangers in the shins and kick shit really hard while all the while looking incredibly hot on the pitch, "Agent J" emblazoned on the back of my jersey.
Gotta start training up for the next tournamant...where's the beers?
I managed to nab a seat in Yoshi's 8 seater van-o-fun and was lucky enough to cruise up in style rather than in a cramped sardine can wind-up hotwheel car. I felt duly blessed when I was awarded the front seat due to me and Yoshi's shared Kameyama lineage.
We started our first day with a brilliant 6-1 finish against Miyagi ken. We were dynamite on the field. The sun was shinning, a slight breeze was blowing and I was wearing my sunglasses on the pitch (it really up'd the intimidation factor...don't fuck with me, I'm wearing sunglasses!).
The next two games were valiantly played on our part but not valiantly enough unfortunately. We fought hard and almost clenched our last game against Toyama but lost 4-3 after a hearty and well fought comeback.
So we decided to celebrate our almost-victory in the most appropriate of manners, getting hella drunk and passing out in a ditch. We burned up the dance floor and drained the bar of all the gin it had. The next morning we were greeted by pouring rain, a 9:45 kick off and a godzilla sized hangover. So we cracked open the breakfast beers, threw on our stinky, sweaty jerseys from the day before and proceeded to get our asses severely kicked by a team that obviously didn't consume nearly as much of Dr. Tanqueray's magic punch as we did the night before.
But it was dead good fun, I got to be mean, boot strangers in the shins and kick shit really hard while all the while looking incredibly hot on the pitch, "Agent J" emblazoned on the back of my jersey.
Gotta start training up for the next tournamant...where's the beers?


2 Comments:
Phat teets!!
can i hire u as my lawyer, then? i have the guy's number and he already paid my hospital bill... =P
Post a Comment
<< Home