So yes, I passed up Fuji-san for the mean streets of Tokyo... at first I was feeling a little guilty about the whole thing. There I was sitting in the Shibuya sipping on my 16 dollar gin and tonic while my poor, fearless friends Grace and Ruth were taking the plunge. Needless to say my pangs of self hatred were quickly eased when I got an email from Grace stating "We have never known true suffering until today...." Ya, I think I'll hit up the old frosty peak next summer when the snow hasn't fallen yet and I won't die of hypothermia.
As for my weekend, it was fabulous. Spent Saturday night burning up the dance floor at NUTS, my favorite hip hop club. As usual a little flirting with the DJ got us on the guest list and we were home free. The G&T's flowed smoothly and we showed those J-kids how to rock it out Gaijin style. Being quite cavernous (NUTS is three stories undergroud) we didn't realize what time it really was until we popped out into the bright sunshine of the Tokyo morning. Someone must have spiked my Gin with Red Bull because I could have rocked that shit out for at least another 2 hours.
Sunday was for shopping and photographing the local wildlife (see photos below). I also went to my first movie in Japan. Saw I-Robot. It had such potential to be a scathing attack on the Patriot act but instead it was turned into two hours of bad dialogue, cliche scenes of Will Smith in a stocking cap eating sweet potato pie with the Southern black charicature of a momma (mmm Honey! I'm gonna read my bible!) and gratuitous shower scenes.
The rest of my weekend was spent spending money I don't have on shit that I don't need. I have returned home broke but satisfied.
Job well done.
As for my weekend, it was fabulous. Spent Saturday night burning up the dance floor at NUTS, my favorite hip hop club. As usual a little flirting with the DJ got us on the guest list and we were home free. The G&T's flowed smoothly and we showed those J-kids how to rock it out Gaijin style. Being quite cavernous (NUTS is three stories undergroud) we didn't realize what time it really was until we popped out into the bright sunshine of the Tokyo morning. Someone must have spiked my Gin with Red Bull because I could have rocked that shit out for at least another 2 hours.
Sunday was for shopping and photographing the local wildlife (see photos below). I also went to my first movie in Japan. Saw I-Robot. It had such potential to be a scathing attack on the Patriot act but instead it was turned into two hours of bad dialogue, cliche scenes of Will Smith in a stocking cap eating sweet potato pie with the Southern black charicature of a momma (mmm Honey! I'm gonna read my bible!) and gratuitous shower scenes.
The rest of my weekend was spent spending money I don't have on shit that I don't need. I have returned home broke but satisfied.
Job well done.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home