Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Daily fashion disasters

I live in the most unfashionable town on the planet.

Here is just a taste of what I saw today

1) in the lineup at the bank..woman in the late 50's dressed in khaki tapppered pants with a knee length Bon Jovi T-shirt over top. But the best part was that she had it cinched at the waist with an elasticized gold lame belt. LOVING IT!!!

2) also in the bank lineup...mid 20's man in yellow hawaii print bermuda shorts, loafers and a button up shirt in blue.

3) on the street.... late 50's woman weighing approximately 185 pounds in a tight jewelled spandex sundress and TOTALLY transparent clear plastic wedges.

WELCOME TO HELL!!!! A.K.A White Rock

On a positive note. I went to UBC today and managed to get into the one course I need before I can apply to the school of education and I managed to get it via correspondence so I can still work full time anywhere I darn well please. Oh boy, 6 months of "intermediate studies in English composition" GROSS!!! Now I know why I avoided taking that one in my undergrad. Oh well, one step closer to getting it together.

Cheers

2 Comments:

Blogger AlpineGypsy said...

Hey Joe!

You may remember me....?.....It's Heidi, Ginger's big sister! Haaa! I pretty much got the address of your blog from Erin Bessette, and I've been wanting to say hi.

So you are back in White Rock? For some reason I thought you were living in Brazil....maybe I was wrong....well anyways, a warm welcome back to you.

I am off to Ginger's wedding this long weekend...she is marrying a guy living in Seattle, and she's about 6 months preggers!

I like your blog, it's really interesting!

Keep in touch....you can check out my blog if you want.....

Ciao baby!

31 August, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! You're back in the good old maple country. I really enjoyed all your Brazil pics and commentary. Good luck with the correspondence course... I had to take one of those in my senior year of undergrad, too! Total waste of time ><

Anyhow, just wanted to drop in and let you know that I'm watching you (haha jk). Good ruck and talk to you more soon ;)

01 September, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home