Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Here's something for you all to ponder and comment on. Last week my mom sent me an email asking me for some advice for her friend who is venturing into the murky waters of dating a Japanese man. Here's what she wrote:

OK got a Japanese dating question for you. Generally is the guy or the girlthe more aggressive? Do guys wait for girls to ask them out? [My friend] is seeing this Japanese guy. He's here going to school-early 30's. They do all kinds of things together, dinner, sports whatever. She feels that he reallly likes her, and there's definately some chemistry there, but he has yet to make a move. He walks her home, and then at thedoor it's all awkward, because she thinks it's kind of like he's waiting for her to do something. Does this sound like a Japanese dating thing or is he maybe just too shy, or maybe not really into anything more than dinner.

Having already been in a Japanese relationship that ended with me being fairly unsatisfied with the whole ordeal, I feel that I am now too jaded to answer this question unbiasly. So it's up to you my fellow foreigners in a foreign land to comment and throw in their two cents. What do you think? Ladies, I wanna hear what you have to say and J-boys (if any of you are reading this) what do you think?

Hit "comments" to post your reply. Me and my mother's friend patiently await your nuggets of knowledge.

1 Comments:

Blogger Grace said...

All of my infomation is heresay because I have never dated a J-boy. But from what I've observed and heard, J-girls are the no-holds-barred champions of throwing themselves upon unsuspecting men. Therefore, I guess I will say that the J-boy in question is gonna need a surefire sign, or a swift kick to the head.

29 June, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home