Tuesday, December 27, 2005

MERRY NON-DENOMINATIONAL WINTER HOLIDAY!!!
(or Merry Christmas)


Well, my first xmas away from home was quite an adventure! I finally got to experience a VERY VERY VERY white Christmas. We had originally planned to go to Nagano prefecture for a few days of skiing. However, our plans were quickly quashed by the biggest snowfall Japan has seen in 60 years. All the expressways shut down and the roads that were open were so jammed with traffic that it was impossible to get anywhere. Considering that on a good day, using the expressways it takes about 6 hours to get to Nagano we started to rethink our original plans. Finally, at the last minute (12pm on the night we were supposed to be leaving) we decided to toss our reservation money down the squatter and head to a closer (and hopefully less snowed in) ski destination, Gifu prefecture.

Thanks to Luciano's new navi, we managed to make it without having to take the expressway. Soon after crossing into Gifu prefecture we realized that the news wasn't exagerating the "biggest snow fall in 60 years claim" ....take a look at the pictures and see what you think.

J

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, sounds like a snowy adventure was had by someone I know! There was no sticking snow in central to southern Mie, so I enjoyed a very sunny, and even slightly warm Christmas. You live in Kawage now, huh? Tomoya's big brother lives there!

26 December, 2005  
Blogger shan said...

hope you enjoyed the holidays! love the pics....despite the obscene amount of snow, i still miss japan. glad you're doing well with your sweet boyfriend!

03 January, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what the hell....December 27. We want an update.

11 January, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I open this page one more time and see this red printing, I'm going to scream....update goddamit.

17 January, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home