Thursday, July 07, 2005

Only the strong survive

Summer is the time to enjoy long sunny days with your friends and long hot nights with all the cockroaches that live in your apartment.

I have had a battle royal with two of these said critters in as many days. I have been patiently waiting for the day to come when I would spot one of my little buddies out of the corner of my eye and finally the day came. Oh jolly! I stumbled out of my room to get water and voila! There it was, making a run for the shelter of my shoes.

So, what did I do? Well, first, I screamed, then I ran around and screamed, then I gave the can of spray to Luciano and let him kill it.

He, being from the land of cat sized Amazonian hissing cockroaches, thought that my hysteria was absolutely hilarious, but he gave me a break and killed it for me.

However, the next night I was not so lucky. Being home alone by myself, I had yet another visit from the previous day's victim's vengeful family. This time they came equipped with wings. Big, Brown, spiney and yes, flying.

I screamed, I flailed, I prevailed!!!

Dead as a doornail!

Bring it on you nasty little buggers...Bring it on!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home